Friday, June 17, 2022

Los Recuerdos - Entre Macca y Juan Gabriel


One thing I love about great pop is that it transcends language. Madrid-based foursome Los Recuerdos has released a new EP called Entre Macca y Juan Gabriel which is an absolute treat for anyone who loves power pop. I can't tell you anything about the lyrics since they're all in Spanish. What I can tell you is that Los Recuerdos write amazing songs with huge hooks and play them with an enthusiasm and energy that are positively contagious. If you're looking for tunes for your summer playlist, I offer my highest possible recommendation to "Una Idea Genial"! With influences ranging from the British Invasion to '70s mod & punk to contemporary power pop and beyond, Los Recuerdos are everything you want a guitar pop band to be. Entre Macca y Juan Gabriel is tremendous fun and full of songs that are destined to get stuck in your head. Be sure to also check out the band's excellent self-titled EP from last year!

No comments: