Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Real Boys - Teenage Shitheads

One thing I love about the Bandcamp platform is how I can stumble upon something super awesome that I would otherwise not be aware of in a million years. I can find no evidence anywhere that The Real Boys from North Bay, Ontario actually exist. Yet there's the EP streaming on the ole' Bandcamp and downloadable for free! It's called Teenage Shitheads, and it sounds exactly like you would expect it to given that particular title. I'm talking snotty and fantastically dumb punk rock in the old school style. Opening track "Population Control" reminds me of Fear, and I was pretty much hooked from there! "Outta Place In The Human Race" is a song that just about everyone ought to be able to relate at one time or another. "Toxicity" might as well be the theme song for planet Earth in 2019. I like the rawness and pure raging energy of this release. I'm reminded of the days when you would unexpectedly come across some punk band's killer demo tape and play the hell out of it. I suppose streaming demos are the new demo tapes! If you dig early '80s hardcore or snotty punk rock in general, this one is worth snagging. My love affair with Canadian punk rock continues!



-L.R.

https://therealboys.bandcamp.com/album/teenage-shitheads 

1 comment:

The vapids said...

Hey, this is jimmy from the vapids, and Brad from school damage. Not from north bay, but Toronto.