Tuesday, December 27, 2022

The Unknowns - "Thinking About You"


Alex Kish and I were taping a best of 2022 show for Born Too Late, and Alex mentioned a new single by The Unknowns that he was really into. So I went and checked this single out, and I was blown away. I first heard this Brisbane-based band last year when it released a smashing cover of "Monster Mash." This led me to the band's full-length album Nothing Will Ever Stop, which I now consider one of the greatest modern-day garage punk albums. The surprise of new single "Thinking About You" is that it's a little bit of a different sound for The Unknowns — high energy power pop arriving just in time for summer in Australia. I would venture to say that any regular follower of this blog will go absolutely crazy for this single. This is what power pop is all about: big hooks, massive energy, and an overwhelming sense of fun. With there being crossover membership between The Unknowns and The Chats, I would imagine that most of you are familiar with The Unknowns. But if you aren't yet familiar with "Thinking About You," check out the video below for a shot of power pop bliss. This is absolute greatness! 

No comments: