Sunday, February 19, 2023

Street Sweeper - Mama I Can't Do No Time


How about another great new band from Australia? Perhaps I need to hold on to the previous sentence so I can re-use it as needed. Something tells me I'll be breaking it out again repeatedly! Street Sweeper hails from Melbourne and has just released its first single — a straight-ahead pub rock banger called "Mama I Can't Do No Time." While many of the hottest Aussie bands of the moment are more on the punk side of things, Street Sweeper leans more in the direction of pure rock and roll on this high energy debut track. On the strength of an irresistible driving beat, a gutsy vocal, and lead guitar work that's pure fire, this tune emphatically announces the arrival of a band that's poised to be a force. The single is available now from Legless Records' Bandcamp as a name-your-price download. What are you waiting for? Go get it! 


1 comment:

Dave P. said...

wow.... sounds like a long lost Eddie & The Hot Rods early single (and a solid great one!) Belongs on a vinyl 7"
I'll Look forward to more from this bunch