Saturday, August 29, 2026

Geoff Palmer - "Where Did His Hair Go?"


Geoff Palmer is back doing what he does best: writing some of the most impossibly catchy pop-punk songs you'll ever hear. "Where Did His Hair Go?" is the second time he has given us a nod to The Dickies in his songwriting, but this is no cover song. It's a vintage Palmer-style pop-punk earworm about Billy Corgan and the mystery of the sudden disappearance of his hair in 1995. As someone who has also been bald since the mid-'90s, I can tell you that hair loss is usually something that everyone can see coming. When you finally go full bald, no one is surprised. But somehow old Billy hid it from all of us. What I love about this song is that you can enjoy it regardless of whether you are or (as in  my case) are not a Smashing Pumpkins fan. While it's a really funny song, it's not particularly nasty. It's just searching for answers and pondering possibilities. And I'm always up for some '90s nostalgia! This is classic Geoff Palmer. He and his bandmates Tyler Spatz, Paul Kennedy, and Daniel James sound like they're having a great time powering through this brilliantly stupid song, and I'm having a great time listening to it. Billy Corgan himself would have a hard time denying that this tune is a stone cold banger!

No comments: