Saturday, August 22, 2026

The Batter Ups - "Cailee"


One thing I'll never tire of is well-executed bubblegum pop-punk. Denmark's Thomas Stubgaard, whom you may remember from Tommy and the Rockets, has a new band called The Batter Ups going that could not be any more up my alley. This one-man operation combines a distinctly European (meaning very pop-leaning) style of pop-punk with a heavy dose of comic book and sci-fi fandom. Before I'd even heard a note of the music, the band slogan "Fast songs; Catchy hooks; Awkward crushes; Questionable decisions" had me won over! Mixed and mastered by the great Perry Leenhouts, new single "Cailee" is a love letter to the actress Cailee Spaeny. What a catchy tune! It's a perfect pop-punk song that wears its sci-fi geek heart on its sleeve. The song is taken from the forthcoming album Interstellar Crush, and you can bet I'm stoked to hear it! If you like "Cailee," be sure to check out the other tracks already posted on The Batter Ups' Bandcamp — one of which is a Green Day cover!

No comments: