Sunday, August 18, 2024

Golden Shitters - Love Blows

I can't decide if Golden Shitters is the worst band name I've ever heard or the absolute best. But I can tell you that this trio from Hamilton, Ontario is my kind of band. Golden Shitters are Matt Ellis (Anxious Pleasers, The Vapids) on vocals, guitar, and bass; Dave Tyson (Sam Coffey and the Iron Lungs) on vocals, guitar, and bass; and Kyle Fisher (the Dirty Nil) on vocals and drums. These guys play old school punk rock "with bad taste and a B-movie bathroom budget." What's not to love about that? On their new EP Love Blows, they tear through four catchy, totally killer tracks in just over five minutes. There's nothing fancy going on here —just three-chord punk rock as the music gods intended. Lyrics address relatable topics like wanting to leave this planet, being underpaid and unappreciated at work, and despairing over matters of the heart. Somehow I missed an absolutely fantastic album released by Golden Shitters last year, so I'll be catching up with that while I continue to enjoy Love Blows. Tell your friends, foes, families, and neighbors: Golden Shitters are the shit!  

No comments: