Sunday, February 03, 2013

Stooges or Ramones?

Whether or not you like football, you deserve a Super Sunday. So here we go then. It's not just another band battle. It's the Super Bowl of band battles! A steel cage has been constructed. No weapons will be brought inside. Just two titans slugging it out for the heavyweight belt of punk rock (Yeah, I know: I'm mixing my sports metaphors. Sorry).

So who you got? The mighty Ramones or the incomparable Stooges? Sometimes with these band battles, I just wanna know who you actually listen to more frequently. But this is the Super Bowl! There's more at stake. I wanna know who you think was the greater band. You can consider all the usual elements: importance, influence, body of work, etc. You can pit Raw Power against Ramones self-titled, "I Wanna Be Your Dog" vs. "I Wanna Be Sedated". But ultimately it comes down to a gut decision. If you had to pick, which of these two bands could you not live without? All things considered, who was the better band? Who emerges victorious in this epic battle?

As always, you can cast your vote in the comments section or come join the Blog Alliance Guild on Facebook! Have at it!

-L.R.

No comments: