Monday, January 01, 2024

Classic Pat - "Sadie Hawkins Dance"


One cool thing that happened to me in 2023 was that I got really stoked on pop-punk again. Of course I've always liked pop-punk. This was the type of music that got me into punk rock in the first place way back when. But this past year, it just felt like I was into pop-punk way more than I'd been in a long time. And that momentum carries over into 2024. Classic Pat has released a couple teaser singles for his forthcoming solo album on Mom's Basement Records, and I am totally obsessed! I guess this is not surprising since his band The Putz has been a longtime favorite of mine. But man oh man, this latest single "Sadie Hawkins Dance" is what I live for: pop-punk that's super-poppy but also heavily influenced by traditional rock 'n' roll. Plus you have to love a song that tells a story! I imagine John from Mom's Basement laughing like a diabolical cartoon super villain when he heard this — realizing that he had one of the greatest pop-punk songs ever written in his possession. Hit up Classic Pat's YouTube channel to hear "Sadie Hawkins Dance" and "She Don't Care," which sounds like the best Queers song in years. The full album will be out soon! 

-L.R.

https://www.youtube.com/@ClassicPatTV

No comments: